Toshiba will indeed debut Thrive as its first tablet for the US market. The Thrive tablet might be released by mid-July and will run on Android 3.1 Honeycomb operating system and an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core chipset.
Some of the great features of Toshiba Thrive inclde haptic display for fingertip feedback and a hardware screen orientation lock button. This tablet is bundled with Toshiba’s video upscaling software, “Resolution Plus”.
Toshiba Thrive Tech Specs:
- 10.1″ display @ 1280 x 800 pixel
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 Dual-core chipset
- WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1
- 8GB, 16GB, 32GB internal storage
- Full-sized USB 2.0 and HDMI out ports
- 5MP rear camera and 2MP front-facing camera